by Sharman J. Monroe
A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire;
He rages against all wise judgment.
Proverbs 18:1 (NJKV)
Very often, we start things with the purpose of gaining money or fame or something else for ourselves. But what we don’t realize is the real purpose for what we do is to help someone else. As Jesus said,
Whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave, just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve.
John 20:27-28 (NJKV)
Jesus also instructed us share all our blessings,
He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.
John 7:38 (AMP)
While on this earth, you are charged to serve others. And anything you learn or any blessing you receive is to pass through you onto others to enrich and bless their lives. Someone somewhere is waiting for you to act so he or she will be blessed. When you become a flowing river, you bring glory to God.
With the thought of being a river of living water, AWIC keeps a Blogroll link at the bottom of the right column listing several blogs on Christian principles and lifestyle. Each writer is extraordinary with her own brand of message. You may have missed the link so we want to take a moment and bring them up here to your attention:
1. Get Your Joy In The Morning! – a devotional blog by a Christian woman and author encouraging and inspiring people to actively seek the joy of the Lord.
2. My Journey to Me – The Discovery – a blog by a Christian woman and author based upon the lessons God is teachings her through her life experiences.
3. Walk With Me – a blog by a Christian woman teaching how to apply scripture to your everyday life.
Click a link or two and read some posts. Take a moment and subscribe so you can get new posts in your email. You will be blessed.
- Serving Others: Why Should I? – The Four Core Christian Disciplines (artofthechristianninja.com)
- Is It Always Better To Give Than To Receive? (onourorigins.wordpress.com)
- You Are Not The Center Of The Universe (myjourneytome-thediscovery.com)